WHAT IS TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (TA)?
Technical assistance (TA) is designed to be timely, flexible, user friendly, and tailored to the specific needs of individual providers/sites. Technical assistance and support is provided by certified LST trainers and technical assistance support staff. Based on over a decade of experience, we have organized technical assistance and support for LST in a hierarchical manner designed to match the level of technical assistance and support with the needs of the providers/sites. These technical assistance support services range from e-mail and web-based assistance and support, to telephone assistance and support, to onsite consultation and formal technical assistance workshops.
WHAT TYPES OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE DO YOU OFFER?
- Web-based: The LST website is designed to be user friendly, engaging and informative. Browsing through our website often provides the answers to the general questions that first-time implementers of LST may have. In addition, many of the same technical assistance issues are common to different providers and sites. Answers to these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can found at: http://lifeskillstraining.com/faq.php
- E-mail: If answers to TA questions cannot be found on our website, they can often be answered by e-mail by sending your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail questions are answered by a member of our training support staff. E-mail allows for quick turnaround to clients' requests.
- Telephone: For issues that are not address by the FAQs on our website and cannot be readily addressed via e-mail, technical assistance and support is available by telephone. Technical assistance and support staff members are assigned to specific regions of the country and are able to provide answers to a wide range of TA questions. Where appropriate, TA questions may be referred to one of our trainers.
- Onsite consultation: For more complex technical assistance and support issues that cannot be addressed through email, our website, or telephone technical assistance and support channels, onsite technical assistance is available. This support service is customized to the needs of the specific site and delivered by certified LST trainers.
- Onsite technical assistance workshop: For some larger implementation sites, a more formal and structured form of technical assistance can be both useful and feasible. The following are examples of formal technical assistance workshops that have been designed for sites with particular needs:
- A Six-Step, Site-Based Plan for Implementing LST in a school or community
- Cultural Approaches to Prevention Education
- Classroom Assessment and Outcome Evaluation for the LST program
HOW CAN I GET TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE?
The following will help you get the support you need and in a format that best fits the needs of you and your colleagues:
Step 1: Identify the specific issue for which you need technical assistance (TA).
Please browse through our website or consult our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to determine if the support you need is provided on our website.
Step 2: If the information you need is not contained on our website, contact us by either by e-mail or telephone.
Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or contact us by telephone at (914) 421-2525.
Step 3: Once we have determined your technical assistance needs, our staff will work with you to determine the best form of technical assistance for your site.
We are dedicated to making your LifeSkills Training experience as positive and successful as possible. We look forward to working with you. For more information on training and technical assistance costs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the LifeSkills Training National Training Department at 914-421-2525.
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES THAT I CAN ACCESS?
Our past experience over more than a decade indicates that many potential problems can be identified and avoided through careful planning. Therefore, we have developed materials to facilitate planning and implementation of the LST program.
- LST Planning Workbook This useful tool is designed to help schools and communities understand the effective prevention education strategies, conduct a needs assessment of their student population, and develop a plan for implementing the LST program. This planning workbook is the first step in the technical assistance process.
- Universal Learning Standards Many school districts have requested that the LifeSkills Training program be aligned to their state standards. The LST Universal Learning Standards Alignment matches the program's objectives to a universal standard that helps sites align the program to specific state educational standards.